How to view email headers in Lycos
1. By default your Lycos account will not be set to display Full Headers. To change this setting click on the 'Settings' link in the top right hand corner of the Lycos window as shown below in Fig 1.
2. Once you have clicked the 'Settings' link the following screen will appear in a pop up window as shown below in Fig 2.
Fig 2: Settings
3. In the settings window above you need to choose the 'Personal Settings' option by clicking on the image shown in red above. Once you have clicked this you will get the settings list below in Fig 3.
Fig 3: Advanced Settings
4. Select 'Yes' from the drop down menu shown in red above and then click the 'Save' button, also shown in red. By clicking 'Save' you will be taken back to the previous menu (Fig 2) where you need to click 'Close'.
5. Return to the scam email that you wish to report. When the email comes up you will notice a 'Display Full Header' link to the right hand side of the screen as shown below in Fig 4.
Fig 4: Display Full Header Link
6. Click on the 'Display Full Header' link to launch a pop up window as shown in Fig 5 below. This pop up window has the Full Headers for that particular email.
Fig 5: Email Headers
7. Highlight and copy the Full Headers and close the window.
8. Go back to the scam email and click on Forward.
9. Paste the Full Headers into the top of the email message.
10. Send to firstname.lastname@example.org